Experienced HGV Technician Required
Due to increased business levels and imminent fleet expansion within our transport division we are looking to recruit an experienced HGV technician to join the team based at our Ripley workshop.
The role advertised is for a permanent and shift based position.
Day-to-day duties will include but are not limited to:
- Carry out scheduled operator license inspections & preventative maintenance.
- Identifying / diagnosing faults and to carry out repairs to high standards.
- Ministry of Transport Test preparation & presentations with a focus of achieving 100% first time pass rate.
- Using hand tools, power tools, diagnostic tools and specialist equipment as required.
- Completion of service inspection sheets & repair write ups.
- Experience essential.
- Qualifications required City & Guilds part 1 & 2 / BTEC or equivalent practical experience within the commercial vehicle industry.
- HGV class 1 / C+E Driver’s License advantageous but not essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to work alone or as part of a team in an efficient and timely manner with a can do attitude.
- To be punctual, flexible & good work ethic.
- Be diligent and capable of working safely towards achieving a very high standard of work, quality is paramount.
- Previous experience on Heavy Haulage trailers and equipment would be advantageous for this position.
This is a full-time position including 21 days holiday plus 8 statuary Bank Holidays.
Shift based on mornings & afternoons covering hours of 06.00 through to 22.00
The rate of pay will be dependent on experience, overtime is always available.
Collins operate an auto enrolment pension scheme for employees.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a 6 month probationary period.
To apply for this vacancy please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org